Gregory Austin's Resume
• Over 10 years experience training employees in software and compliance;
• Three years experience teaching at the college level;
• Proficient in Blackboard, eCollege, and Turnitin programs;
• Excellent knowledge of software products including Microsoft Office products; and
• Capability to work independently, excellent customer service skills, problem-solving, and self managing abilities.
• CapellaUniversity, Minneapolis, MN. PhD in Industrial-Organizational Psychology, graduated 2012.
• AlbertusMagnusCollege, New Haven, Connecticut. Masters in Management. September 2003.
• CentralConnecticutStateUniversity, New Britain, Connecticut. May, 1994.
Bachelors Degree in Psychology.
• CharterOakState College, Associates Degree, 1988
Lincoln College of New England (2011 – present)
Chair, Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences (January 2013 – present)
Program Director for Child Development and Psychology (August 2012 – January 2013)
Adjunct Professor (August 2011 – August 2012)
• Oversee a variety of programs including Criminal Justice, Paralegal, Child Development,
Human Services, Broadcasting, Communications, as well as various General
Education courses (e.g., Psychology, Sociology, Politics, History, Economics, etc).
• Duties include: curriculum development, instructor observations, program reviews, creation of
course schedules, ongoing scholarship, etc.
• Courses taught include: Developmental Psychology, Child Psychology, the Exceptional Child,
Organizational Behavior, Social Psychology, Introduction to Psychology, Language Development,
Child Development Seminar, Introduction to Human Services, and Child Movement and Play.
• Accomplishments: Co-developed an associates degree in Human Services with classes beginning in
January 2014, began a department wide research group to eventually incorporate other
departments, developed a departmental marketing plan, and currently developing a proposal to
enhance the communication’s department radio station and video studio.
• Subject Matter Expert: Social Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Child Development Seminar,
Management of Human Services, and Seminar/Internship in Human Services.
• Courses Created: Management of Human Services, Fieldwork in Human Services, and
PostUniversity (2012 – Present)
Adjunct Professor - Courses taught: Fundamentals of Psychology I (on ground and online) and Research Methods (Hybrid)
GMA Consulting, LLC (2004 – 2012)
• Provided HIPAA and business plan consulting for non-profit organizations.
Masonicare, Inc., Wallingford, CT
HIPAA/Business Analyst (2006 – 2009)
•Developed policies, trained workforce members, and acted as a resource for the HIPAA Privacy and
Security Officers and organization;
•Supported the organization’s online education software Healthstream;
•Provided software analysis and project management;
•Project coordinated the implementation human resources processes into the iVantage software
•Assisted with the creation of an organization wide call center.
Hospital of Saint Raphael, New Haven, CT
Systems Analyst, Information Services (2001 – 2004)
Information Coordinator (1998 – 2001)
Worked on various projects throughout the organization including:
•Educated workforce on HIPAA Privacy regulations;
•Project managed implementation of new call center software;
•Mediated implementation issue resolutions between all departments and vender; and
•Educated users on software usage and integrated policies and procedures into software processes.
•Assisted in writing social service grants for various local, state, and national funding opportunities.
•Computer Trainer for all clinical and non-clinical staff in the Occupational Health Department;
•Authored the hospital’s IS Help Bytes monthly article, which provided employees with Microsoft Office computer tips;
•Facilitated a monthly Microsoft Access discussion group for hospital database users.
•Provided EDI and HIPAA Privacy project management, implementation, and interpretation of regulations
• Performed privacy compliance audits.
Southwestern ConnecticutAgency on Aging, Bridgeport, CT
Program Assistant for Care Management (April 1997 – June 1998)
•Provided general computer support and training for the Care Management department, which included assisting with the design and maintenance of client database, maintaining computer hardware and software, and provided Microsoft Office training and support;
•Produced all internal and external reports including monthly departmental reports, board meeting reports, and State of Connecticut Department of Social Services quarterly reports; and
•Distributed and analyzed annual client satisfaction surveys.
• Member of the American Psychological Association
• Member of the Society of Teaching of Psychology
• Member of the Society of Industrial-Organizational Psychology
• Member of the Society of Psychological Hypnosis
• Licensed HypnotistState of Connecticut #HYP.0000281